Slip & Fall Lawyers in Cameron Park, Auburn & Roseville
Slip and fall accidents can happen on the sidewalk, in a parking lot, in a store, or on any hazardous walkway. If you slipped or tripped and fell on someone else’s property, you may be entitled to file a claim for compensation if the accident was the result of an act of negligence by another party.
This type of premises liability claim can be brought against the owner of the property, an occupant, or lessor of the premises. Property owners and business owners have a duty to exercise reasonable care in the use, maintenance, and management of premises so as to avoid exposing people to hazardous conditions and the unreasonable risk of harm. When they fail to do so, they may be held liable for resulting accidents and injuries.
Cameron Park and Elk Grove Slip and Fall Accident Law Firm
At Cunningham Law Group, A.P.C., we focus our practice exclusively on representing plaintiffs in personal injury matters. We help injured people in Cameron Park, Auburn, Roseville, Sacramento, Elk Grove, Citrus Heights, Folsom, Placerville, El Dorado Hills and Rancho Cordova, California. Our knowledgeable lawyers have been successfully handling personal injury matters, including slip and fall accidents, for more than 42 years.
When you work with our firm, you can expect vigorous and effective representation. We will investigate your accident and prepare a solid case from the start, with the goal of quickly and skillfully negotiating a favorable settlement on your behalf. Our experienced Cameron Park slip and fall accident lawyers are dedicated to providing quality representation by courteous attorneys who keep clients informed.
Causes of Slip & Fall Accidents
Slip and fall and trip and fall accidents occur for many reasons. Common causes include:
- Wet floors
- Excessive wax or floor polish
- Failure to apply non-skid products to flooring when necessary
- Torn or bulging carpet areas
- Mats or rugs with holes, curled edges, or edges that stick up
- Worn or rounded stair steps
- Slippery stairways
- Debris in stairways
- Missing or broken stairway handrails
- Sidewalk cracks
- Uneven pavement surfaces and holes
- Inadequate lighting in parking lots
Slip and Fall Injuries
Victims of slip and fall accidents can be very seriously injured. Common injuries include:
- Head and brain injuries: Traumatic brain injury resulting from slip and fall accidents can have serious, life-altering consequences for victims and their families. Victims made need extensive rehabilitation and may suffer ongoing cognitive, memory, and behavioral problems, as well as mobility issues.
- Back, neck, and spinal injuries: The impact of a fall can cause painful injuries to the neck and any part of the back or spine. This type of injury can be disabling and may cause chronic pain and require surgery.
- Torn ligaments and tendons: Tendons and ligaments in the knees, feet, and wrists can be torn in a fall. This type of injury can require physical therapy and make take years to heal. Some tears may require surgery.
- Broken hip or pelvis: Particularly for elderly victims, a broken hip or pelvis is likely to occur in a fall. This type of injury is painful and disabling and may require hip replacement surgery.
Get Help From Our Firm: Slip & Fall Injury Cases
Contact us today for a no-charge telephone case evaluation with absolutely no obligation. When you retain our firm, there are no upfront legal fees. We work on a contingency fee basis and do not get paid unless we are successful in recovering compensation for you. Call now.