Sacramento Accident Law Firm
Accidents or unintentional injuries cause more than 130,000 deaths per year, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), at a rate of 41.3 deaths per 100,000 population. Unintentional injuries rank fourth among the leading causes of death in the nation. Motor vehicle traffic injuries alone account for more than 33,000 fatalities a year, as reported by CDC. In California, 3,000 people died in traffic crashes in 2013, as stated by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS).
Accident Lawyers in Cameron Park, Auburn and Roseville
If you have been injured in any type of accident, it is in your best interests to consult with a knowledgeable accident lawyer as soon as possible. At Cunningham Law Group, A.P.C., we help injured people throughout Northern California, including Cameron Park, Sacramento, Auburn, Roseville, Elk Grove, Citrus Heights, Folsom, El Dorado Hills, Placerville and Rancho Cordova.
Jim Cunningham, our managing attorney, has supervised thousands of personal injury cases. Our firm is committed to treating our clients courteously, keeping them well-informed, and providing high quality, vigorous representation. Our goal is to quickly and effectively negotiate a settlement on your behalf with an eye toward maximizing the final value of the compensation.
Accident Cases Cunningham Law Group, A.P.C., Handles
Cunningham Law Group, A.P.C., is a plaintiffs’ only personal injury law firm. We handle a range of accident and injury matters including:
- Auto Accidents: The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) reports that 2,313,000 people were injured on the nation’s roadways in 2013. Although California had a traffic death rate below the national average in 2013, as reported by IIHS, there were still 2,772 fatal crashes and many more injury crashes statewide. Our firm helps people who have been injured in all types of automobile accidents.
- Wrongful Death Accidents: If you have lost a loved one in an accident caused by someone else’s negligence, you may be entitled to file a wrongful death claim. Although no amount of money can compensate you for the loss you have suffered, you can seek justice for your loved one by holding the responsible party accountable, and the compensation you may be entitled to receive could help with your monetary losses.
- Motorcycle Accidents: According to NHTSA, 4,668 motorcyclists were killed and 88,000 were injured in 2013. Drivers often cause accidents because they fail to see motorcycles in the roadway. Motorcycle riders are more vulnerable to injury than passenger vehicle occupants. If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident, it is important to consult with an experienced California motorcycle accident attorney as soon as possible after your accident.
- Bicycle Accidents: According to the most recent NHTSA statistics, 48,000 bicyclists were injured and 743 were killed in a single year in traffic accidents in the U.S. In motor vehicle-bicycle crashes, bicyclists are much more likely than vehicle occupants to be seriously injured.
- Brain Injury Accidents: Traumatic brain injury (TBI) can result from various types of accidents, including falls, pedestrian accidents, bicycle accidents, motorcycle accidents, and motor vehicle accidents. Severe TBIs can have long-lasting debilitating effects and require extensive medical treatment and physical and occupational therapy.
- Pedestrian Accidents: Pedestrians are completely unprotected and vulnerable to injury in accidents with motor vehicles. According to NHTSA, 4,735 pedestrians were killed and 66,000 were injured in traffic crashes in 2013. On average, a pedestrian was injured every eight minutes, and one was killed every two hours.
- Boating Accidents: Boating and fishing are, naturally, popular recreational activities in California. Unfortunately, boating accidents caused by operator factors such as alcohol consumption, excessive speed, distraction, and inattention are also common. If you have been injured in such an accident, our firm can help.
- Slip and Fall Accidents: Slip and fall accidents can cause serious injuries. If you have been hurt in such an accident caused by the negligence of a property owner, you may be entitled to compensation in a premises liability claim. Call our office for a free telephone case evaluation.
- Burn Accidents: Burns can be extremely painful and slow to heal. They can also be disfiguring and require multiple surgeries for skin grafting. If you or your loved one has suffered burn injuries in an accident caused by a negligent party, it is in your best interests to consult with an experienced accident attorney.
- Dog Bite Accidents: Dog owners have a duty to control and supervise their dogs. When they fail to do so and innocent people are injured as a result, negligent owners should be held accountable. The American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA) reports that 4.5 million people are bitten by dogs every year and 27,000 need reconstructive surgery as a result.
- Aircraft Accidents: Whether occurring in commercial or private planes, aircraft accidents can have catastrophic consequences. Causes may include pilot error, improper aircraft design or maintenance, improper airport design, unsafe or unauthorized aircraft controller practices, and weather conditions.
Choose Experienced California Accident Lawyers
At Cunningham Law Group, A.P.C., our knowledgeable personal injury lawyers have been successfully representing accident victims for more than 42 years. We are committed to helping injured people pursue the compensation they need and deserve, and to help them to get their lives back on track.
Why Cunningham Law Group, A.P.C.? You’ll get:
- Quality representation.
- Quick resolution, with an eye toward maximizing the award.
- Vigorous, effective representation where litigation is involved.
- Courteous attorneys who keep clients informed.
Our firm works on a contingency fee basis. You pay us no fees up front, and we do not get paid fees until we win your case for you. Contact us to speak with an experienced lawyer and receive a free case evaluation with no obligation. We can advise you as to whether you have a case and what damages you may be entitled to claim. When you work with our firm, you can have confidence that we are dedicated to helping you seek full and fair compensation for your injuries, and to do so both quickly and effectively.